How to Live a Life in Pursuit of your Happiness?
At Island Feather our mission is to help you to “Find your Freedom”. This is a term we use to describe living life in pursuit of your happiness.
What life means to us.
We believe that life is a gift and an opportunity to be the best version of yourself. It is important to dream, but we do place our focus on the present moment. We open our eyes to the world around us, enjoying life this side of tomorrow.
We follow our hearts and do what warms our soul. We are not afraid to take chances or to do things differently. We try new things, stand up for what we believe in and prioritise giving back more to society than we take.
We know that we are not meant to be alone, so we connect with and learn from others, support one another and look after one another whilst enjoying the moments that we share together. We recognise that at times the world can be cruel and unfair, but we draw on inner strength and support through relationships to overcome challenges we face.
With this in mind, we believe that happiness is key to life and that everyone deserves the right to live a life full of happiness.
Happiness is not just a smile on your face, it is a sense of being and something that you have choice or control over. To us, happiness, is not the destination it is the journey. It can be a moment we feel and cherish, but it is essentially a way of life.
A life of happiness does not mean we stop ourselves from feeling sad, disappointed or lonely. We acknowledge all our emotions and use that to strengthen our purpose. We don’t turn a blind eye to suffering or psychological illness, but we encourage our community to adopt practices that boost optimism, increase resilience, and live happy, engaged lives.
Happiness fuels success.
It is easy to believe that we are defined by our success and that the world around us judges us based on what they perceive as success. We therefore strive for success as we think this is what achieves happiness. We redefine the goal posts for what success looks like, every time we achieve the current target. It results in a never-ending pursuit for success in order to achieve happiness. If instead, we pursue what makes us happy we are far more likely to experience success in every area of our lives.
We all have a purpose and need to find what makes us feel good about ourselves. When we seek our purpose, we acknowledge room for possibility. This challenges and invites others to help pursue something of greater significance to you and the rest of the world.
How we can support you.
“Find your Freedom” is our Social Impact programme which aims to support and unite women to find what makes them happy.
Through research and our own experience we recognise that sports, fitness, health and wellbeing activities improve not just physical and mental health but also develop life skills, improve self-esteem, build resilience and strengthen relationships.
We have partnered with local businesses and nonprofit organisations to enable access to the participation and accessibility of sports, fitness, health and wellbeing activities. Through these activities we will promote our core values and philosophy, whilst maintaining a primary focus on creating a community and collective impact to help us achieve our mission and help you achieve yours.
7 Steps to Happiness.
- Be yourself: When you are yourself, people will share your openness, allowing true relationships to blossom. Let go of who you think you should be, embrace the wonderful you and watch the magic of a purposeful pursuit unfold.
2. Be mindful: Focus on the present moment to reduce stress, increase self-awareness, enhance emotional intelligence and effectively manage painful thoughts and feelings.
3. Connect with others: We are not meant to live in isolation. When we connect with other, it can boost mental and physical health, and even increase immunity and longevity. Happiness is collective.
4. Be grateful: Develop a regular gratitude practice to counter the brain’s negative bias to increase your happiness and protect you from stress, negativity, anxiety & depression.
5. Take care of your physical wellness: By eating a balanced diet, exercise and ensure you get enough sleep you will see the most effective instant happiness booster.
6. Give more that you take: This will activate parts of your brain that are associated with trust, pleasure and social connection and therefore release endorphins.
7. Be Kind: Being kind and altruistic leads to a high level of happiness and in turn increases the chance that we will be and receive altruism in the future.
Enjoy the pursuit to happiness, as it just might be your greatest source of happiness after all.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Stay tuned as we will be showcasing others finding their freedom.